These peanut butter blossoms could not be any easier OR tastier. They only require a handful of ingredients and take less than 20 minutes to make (including prep and bake time)! I’ve experimented with this recipe quite a bit and I finally am happy with the ratio of ingredients. The end result? A perfectly chewy, peanut butter cookie with a melty, chocolate peanut butter cup in the center and lots of flaky sea salt. YUM!
Just look at that fluffy texture!!
This recipe is gluten free (be sure to check for certified GF oat flour if you have an allergy) and oil-free! Thanks to natural, creamy peanut butter, you don’t need any additional oil.
I made these blossoms A LOT over the holidays and everyone just adores them. I love to use Lily’s peanut butter cups in the center (chopped in half or quarters) or I’ll use mini Justin’s cups! I really prefer dark chocolate over milk for these and the flaky sea salt is a must. I provide options for sugar in the recipe below – coconut or brown – both work! You can also get a little fancy by using organic cane sugar to roll the dough in before baking. I’ve done it both ways! This recipe is great because you can make a few subs and still almost guarantee a perfectly yummy cookie that’s made with better-for-you ingredients. I hope you enjoy!
The Easiest, Most Delicious Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 cup all natural creamy peanut butter at room temp make sure only ingredients are peanut butter and salt and that it's DRIPPY!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar NOTE: Coconut sugar is less sweet than brown sugar and also holds less moisture. I personally prefer light brown sugar in these!
- 2 tbsp packed oat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 12 dark chocolate peanut butter cups I like to cut 6 Lily's peanut butter cups in half or I'll use 12 mini Justin's cups!
- flaky sea salt my favorite!
- optional: organic cane sugar to roll cookie dough in for that sparkly look and extra sweetness! you'll need ~ 3 tbsp
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine your peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla using a spatula.
- Add in oat flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out the dough and roll into 12 balls. You have the option to roll the dough in some cane sugar before placing onto the baking sheet. For the holidays, I think this is a nice, fun touch but is not necessary!
- Place on your baking sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand. Using the back of your 1/2 teaspoon, create indents in the cookies.
- Place cookies in the oven for 10-11 minutes or until lightly golden at the edges. Don't over bake!
- Let cookies cool on the tray for 3-5 minutes and fill each indent with a peanut butter cup. It's normal for the cookies to "puff up" and lose their indentation, but you should still see the marking. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt!!
- Let cookies cool on the tray for another 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!