These cookies are so darn simple to make yet they’re incredibly tasty. I love the name “kitchen sink” because you can literally put everything (but the kitchen sink) you want in them – think nuts, chocolate, dried fruit, etc. – and they will be super duper tasty. I can also almost guarantee you have all the ingredients on hand already, which means you can get to baking ASAP. See below for this easy and awesome recipe for a healthier take on a classic!
Gluten Free Flourless Kitchen Sink Cookies
- 1 cup all natural creamy or crunchy peanut butter only peanuts + salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar both work well!
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt amp up to 1/2 tsp salt if your PB is unsalted!
For the mix ins:
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup M&Ms
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. Make sure your peanut butter - creamy or crunchy - is only made with peanuts and salt and is drippy. You don't want processed peanut butter or the hard part at the bottom of the jar!
- Once the wet ingredients are well combined, add in the oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Now for the fun part .. mix-ins!! You can use whatever you'd like, as long as they add up to 1 cup! You can do the recommendations I provide (chocolate chips, M&Ms, and walnuts) or switch it up (more or less chocolate, dark or white chocolate, raisins, pecans, coconut shreds, etc.). Have fun with it!
- Once combined, use a cookie scoop to make 15-18 cookie dough balls on your baking sheet. Press them down slightly with the back of your hand and finish with flaky sea salt (optional but recommended). I also like to add a few more M&Ms on top so you get to see the fun, festive colors.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until slightly golden edges. They will be fragile but will firm up as they cool! Let cookies rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!