Soft-baked and almond-forward (thanks to almond flour and almond extract), these cookies offer a nice spin on the classic chocolate chip. They’re super tasty and take almost no time to whip up. If you like almond, you’ll love these! They’re chewy, gooey, and uber delicious.
Note: This recipe only makes 10 cookies, and because they’re so tasty, they won’t last long! Feel free to double the recipe for a larger batch.
Almond Chocolate Chippers
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar well-packed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt + flaky sea salt to top
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Grab a medium bowl and combine all of your wet ingredients. Yes, coconut sugar is considered "wet" in the sense that you cream it into the other wet ingredients!
- Next, add your dry ingredients to the same bowl and stir to combine.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and stick the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes - 1 hour. This really helps when forming the cookies, because the dough is a bit wet!
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees while the dough chills.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion the dough out into 10 balls. These cookies don't need to be flattened because they tend to spread as is and it makes them extra chewy/doughy! Top with flaky sea salt (optional but recommended always!).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges. They may not look "done" but that's kind of just how almond flour works. If the bottoms/edges are golden, you are good to go! Let cool on the tray for a few to help retain their structure/firm up, then transfer to a cooling rack or just eat them up 🙂 Store at room temp for 24 hours, then keep them in the fridge!