These HEALTHY CARROT MUFFINS are the perfect breakfast treat. They are packed with collagen for protein, walnuts for healthy fats, and raisins for a bit of sweetness! They’re pretty simple to whip up and use fairly common household ingredients like oats, olive oil, and apple sauce.
Honestly, these muffins are so moist and so delicious .. if you like carrot, you’ll love these! They taste great as is or with a generous drizzle of almond butter. Fair warning: these puppies are so super moist that you’ll most definitely need a fork to eat them with! In that way they’re kind of like mini cakes 🙂
If you do make them, please tag me on Instagram http://instagram.com/eatwellwithdanielle. Enjoy!
Healthy Carrot Muffins
- 2 -3 large carrots grated enough to make 1 cup packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 scoops collagen peptides ~20 g
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Wash and peel your carrots. Grate them using a box grater or a food processor. You will need between 2 and 3 large carrots to make 1 cup of grated carrots for these muffins.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line your muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your wet ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients (minus the raisins and walnuts).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Fold in your raisins and walnuts.
- Evenly distribute your batter among the 12 muffin wells. Note: this is a very wet batter .. that's ok! It's why it's so moist. You can use any old spoon or an ice cream scoop to portion out the batter. Add extra walnuts and raisins on top to your liking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes to firm up and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack so they don't get soggy in the hot muffin pan. Once cool, eat and enjoy! They're delicious as is or topped with almond butter .. and don't forget your fork 🙂 They are a little messy!