Soft-baked, delicious peanut butter cookies studded with chocolate chips and marshmallows .. YUM! I love the rich peanut butter flavor and the soft, chewy texture. These cookies are made with almond flour and applesauce for the perfect healthier treat. Find the recipe below and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cloud Cookies
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter all natural!
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups almond flour scooped and leveled, not packed
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter or peanut flour PB2 or PBFit are the two I use!
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt + flaky sea salt to top
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips + extra to top
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows I used Dandies All Natural Marshmallows; they're so delicious and made with better ingredients than classic marshmallows!
- In a large bowl, mix your wet ingredients together.
- Once combined, add in your dry ingredients, then fold in your chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Put your batter in the fridge for at least 1 hour. This is KEY! It helps when forming the cookies (the dough IS sticky) and it enhances the rich peanut butter flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment.
- Oil or wet your hands with water and roll cookies into small balls (14-16 total) and lightly flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Sprinkle flaky salt on top and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden on the edges. Let cool and enjoy! Keep in airtight container on the counter for a few days or freeze and re-heat in the microwave.