These bars are heavenly … pure chocolate and peanut butter bliss! They are made with real, whole ingredients, most of which you likely have on hand, and packed with protein from collagen, chia, and flax. They’re wildly delicious and satisfying.
Not going to lie, if you are going to make something from EWWD, you need to make these! And be sure to share with friends 🙂 Everyone who has tried them has loved them, and has been more than impressed with the ingredients and nutrition profile. See below for the details!
Peanut Butter Protein Chill Bars
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup collagen peptides 2 scoops
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- flaky sea salt to top
- Line a baking dish - I used 8 x 10 - with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, collagen, flax, chia, and a sprinkle of salt. Stir to combine.
- Melt PB and maple syrup for 20 seconds in a glass measuring cup. Stir to combine and pour into your large bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and almond milk and stir to combine everything together. This is where your hands will come in handy; don't be afraid to work the dough!
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the dough into the dish and push down firmly. Stick in freezer for 30 minutes and clean up 🙂
- Re-use your glass measuring cup to make the frosting - microwave the choc chips, PB, and almond milk for 20-30 seconds and mix together. Do not over-microwave! It will take longer to set in the freezer.
- Pour over the mixture and top with flaky sea salt. Put back in the freezer for several hours until set.
- Use a sharp knife and cut into bars. Store in an air-tight container in the freezer. They taste best straight out of the freezer - just thaw 1-2 minutes before digging in!