ABCC = Avocado, black bean, chickpea, corn! This is truly the best combo of ingredients. Perfect as a side dish, a dip with chips, or salad. If you have a crowd, this is the perfect thing to make ahead of time and bring with you. It’s a crowd pleaser for sure!
- 2 cans of black beans rinse and drained
- 2 cups of corn frozen and thawed
- 1 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 small shallots
- 2 red or yellow peppers
- 2 avocados
For the dressing:
- 2 limes ~1/3 to 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Measure out 2 cups of frozen corn and let it thaw/defrost in the sink with some running hot water. Be sure to drain and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Rinse and drain your black beans and your chickpeas. Add both to the bowl with the corn.
- Dice your peppers, your shallots, and your jalapeño and add to the mixing bowl as well.
- Prepare your dressing: juice the limes and add your olive oil, sea salt, and cumin. Mince your garlic and whisk all to combine.
- If you are planning to serve immediately, slice/dice your avocados and add to the mixing bowl. Add your dressing as well. Stir all to combine. Serve as a side dish, atop a salad or a protein, or my personal favorite, with some blue corn tortilla chips or pretzel chips as a dip!
- If you aren't planning to serve immediately, wait to add your avocados until just before serving. Store your dressing in an airtight container in the fridge and only add with the avocados right before serving to keep as fresh as possible. Enjoy!