I literally made these in 10 minutes and couldn’t have been happier with how they turned out! I made these with the intent to keep the calorie and sugar content low, but the taste and protein factor high and they’re a serious win! One ball clocks in about 125 calories with 6 grams of protein and just 5 grams of sugar. They’re also vegan and gluten free and DELICIOUS. Make a batch today and have a yummy snack supply for the week.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Bites
- 1/2 cup salted all natural peanut butter (I use @wild_friends)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 scoops ~20g of collagen peptides (I use @thrivemarket)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips I use @lilys_sweets to keep recipe vegan and low sugar
- Grab a medium size bowl and a spatula. Combine 1/2 cup of salted, all natural creamy PB with 1/4 cup maple syrup in your bowl. Make sure your PB is nice and runny!
- Once combined, add in 2 scoops (~20g) of collagen peptides and 2 tbsp of cocoa powder. A thick paste should form.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of your old fashioned rolled oats, 2 tbsp chia seeds, and 2 tbsp chocolate chips.
- Once combined, use a cookie scoop and your hands to roll the dough into 12 equal size balls.
- Place on a small tray lined with wax paper in the fridge for ~30 minutes to set and then enjoy! Keep leftover balls in an air-tight container in the fridge