Introducing the easiest ever almond butter espresso chip cookies. These are made with just SIX ingredients! They are also oil-free, egg-free, and gluten free. I came up with this recipe when I was staying in Hampton Bays for the weekend. I was limited on supplies so I needed to keep the ingredients to a minimum. Enter these cookies – they are as delicious as they are simple! Who says baking healthier cookies needs to be complicated?
Note: The espresso chips are the real MVP of this recipe; I picked them up from the store on a whim and they totally make the cookie. The distinct espresso flavor is delicious and pops nicely against the chewy, low sugar almond butter base! If you have these six ingredients (+ baking powder which I don’t count), one bowl, and about 20 minutes, then these cookies are for you!
Low Sugar Almond Butter Espresso Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup drippy salted almond butter I used Trader Joe's crunchy almond butter; their nut butters are so reasonably priced!
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cold brew I used Rise Brewing Co. I'm a big fan!
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup @nestletollhouse espresso morsels
- Grab your bowl and stir to combine all of the wet ingredients (almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and cold brew).
- Add in almond flour and baking powder. Stir all to combine.
- Fold in espresso chips.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and refrigerate dough for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, clean up and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Make 8-10 balls and flatten with your hand. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool on the tray for 5 minutes (so they firm up a bit) and then transfer to your cooling rack. Let cookies cool completely and enjoy!