These moist, fluffy cake squares are divine. I originally intended to make lemon cookies, but had to alter them a bit mid-recipe testing .. and I am so glad I did! They’re perfectly lemony and the white chocolate chips are a great sweet addition. They’re also made with Greek yogurt in place of oil or butter, which makes them a nice and light summertime treat.
I used lemon extract in these, instead of lemon zest, as it’s a quick, easy alternative and helps pack in that tart lemon flavor. (I have recommended measurements for both below.) Sometimes lemon treats don’t have enough lemon flavor, but these yummy cake squares definitely do. I hope you enjoy!
White Chocolate Chip Lemon Cake Squares
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full fat lemon Greek yogurt I used @chobani blended lemon and cream flavor
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp lemon extract or 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
Lemon Glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line your 8x8 baking dish with parchment or grease well.
- Mix all of your wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add your dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and dot the top with several more chips. Bake for roughly 20-25 minutes or until the edges appear golden brown and the center is set.
- Let the cake fully cool and slice into 12 squares. DIG IN!
- If you so desire, you can also add a simple lemon glaze to top the cake. Just mix together 1/2 cup confectioners sugar with 1 tbsp lemon juice or 1 tsp lemon extract and 1 tbsp almond milk. Drizzle on top and enjoy!